The William Carlos Williams Summer Poetry Prize was created to champion writers whose poetry explores and challenges the notion of human being in the twenty-first century. Poems by poets that achieve this distinction will be devoid of influences such as political correctness and the solipsism that taints much of poetry composed under the auspices of postmodernity. The award will be given to those writers whose poetry strips away the conceits of being human in an attempt to clear the way for human being, to poets who have something to say and say it well. William Carlos Williams was a pro at distillation–we will be impressed with poets who demonstrate such skill.
Open: May 2, 2017
Deadline: July 1ST, 2017 CLOSED
Fee: $10.00 entry
Entries judged by RSR Editors
The winner will be announced and published in Red Savina Review’s fall issue (2017). Date to be determined.
- Poets may submit up to five pages of poems. Entrants may submit one or more entries. However, entrants must pay for each entry. Reading fees are non-refundable.
- Red Savina Review follows Clmp contest guidelines.
- Red Savina Review contains adult reading material. Therefore, you must be 18 years or older to submit to the contest.
- Submit previously unpublished poems (up to five pages) via SUBMITTABLE only. No email or snail mail submissions are permitted.
- Please include name, address, email and phone number on the first page; and page numbers and title in the running footer. Use 12-point font, double-space, Times New Roman. Submit in DocX or RTF format. Must be in English language.
- Writers previously published in Red Savina Review are welcome to submit.
- Staff members and/or any writer who is personally associated with Red Savina Review’s editors and/or guest editors may not submit to the contest.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. Please withdraw from contest immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- All submissions will be considered for publication in Red Savina Review’s fall issue (online, 2017). If accepted for publication, Red Savina Review reserves the right to edit.
- The winning poem will be published in Red Savina Review’s fall issue (online, 2017).
- Results will be posted on our website.
- Winner receives $60.00.