“Ray Bradbury remarked, ‘[Eiseley] is every writer’s writer, and every human’s human. . . one of us, yet most uncommon. . .’ “
The Loren Eiseley Creative Nonfiction Contest was created to champion writers whose writing explores and challenges the notion of human being in the twenty-first century. Creative nonfiction by authors that achieve this distinction will be devoid of influences such as political correctness and the solipsism that taints much of literature composed under the auspices of postmodernity. The award will be given to those writers whose work strips away the conceits of being human in an attempt to clear the way for human being, to authors who have something to say and say it well.
Open: January 9, 2017
Deadline Closed. Winner announced here
Fee: $13.00 entry
Prize: Winner receives $100.00 and publication
Word Count: 1,500 words max
Entries judged by RSR Editors
- Writers may submit one or more entries. However, entrants must pay for each entry. Reading fees are non-refundable.
- Red Savina Review follows Clmp contest guidelines.
- Red Savina Review contains adult reading material. Therefore, you must be 18 years or older to submit to the contest.
- Submit previously unpublished stories (word count: 1,500 words or less) via SUBMITTABLE only. No previously published material permitted.
- No email or snail mail submissions are permitted.
- Please include your name, address, email and phone number on the first page; and page numbers and title in the running footer. Use 12-point font, double-space, Times New Roman. Submit in DocX or RTF format. Must be in English language.
- Writers previously published in Red Savina Review are welcome to submit.
- Staff members and/or any writer who is personally associated with Red Savina Review’s editors and/or guest editor may not submit to the contest.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. Please withdraw from contest immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- All submissions will be considered for publication in Red Savina Review’s spring issue (online, 2017). If accepted for publication, Red Savina Review reserves the right to edit.
- Winner receives $100.00
- Results will be posted on RSR website.
- The winner will be announced and published in Red Savina Review’s spring issue (2017). Date to be determined. Submit here